From: Registrar (ARSA) To: All First Years and Continuing Students
SUBJECT: TIMELINES FOR FIRST SEMESTER 2020/2021 ACADEMIC YEAR
Further to an earlier communication dated 25th June 2020 on the above subject, students are informed that On-Line Teaching will commence on Monday, 10th August 2020 guided by Teaching timetables available at respective departments. Student are advised to take note of the following:
- University Leaming activity for the New Academic Year (2020/2021) will continue Online following Presidential Directive on Covid-19 Pandemic.
- Students are requested to familiarize themselves with Online Teaching Timetable at respective departments.
- Payment of Fees for First Semester 2020/2021 Academic Year started on 1st July, 2020 and be completed by 10th August 2020 in line with Fees Payment Policy (FPP) Clause 5.2 "Students will pay all fees on the date of admission and registration iv) Ensure Online Semester Registration on or before Friday, 4th September 2020) in line with FPP Clause 5.5 (d) The individual Student whose name will not be in class list of bonafide students will be deregistered from the Semester after lapse of 20% class attendance rule (20% Registration Rule).
- Ensure completion of Online Course Registration through the student's portal by Friday, 2nd October 2020). This requires clearance of all fees for the Semester. Otherwise the student is advised to defer the Semester of study. Please note that you cannot defer the end of Semester Examinations because of in ability to pay fees.
- Confirm Registration for Examinations from Friday, 2nd October 2020 to Friday 9th October, 2020) through the student portal.
- Administration of Examinations start on Monday, 16th November, 2020 to Friday, 28th November, 2020 for Semester One (2020/2021 AY). A detailed timetable will be communicated later.
- All students are further advised to keep track of University activities by constant accessing the University website, Student University Email Address and Respective Departments Communications Notices.
Dr. Wangari Gathuthi REGISTRAR (ARSA)
Cc Vice Chancellor
Deputy Vice Chancellor (ARSA)
Deputy Vice Chancellor (PFA)
Age Finance Officer All Deans of Schools
Dean of Students